Re[5]: RT list: an ad hoc account of translation

From: Andre Sytnyk (danagro@kp.km.ua)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 13:09:39 GMT

    Turns out there is a more successful notion than that of conceptual
    "lakoff-mapping" - Idealized Cognitive Modelling (ICM) - Lakoff (1987).
    Further examples:
    In English people say "I HAVE a son" while in Russian this will be
    expressed by "At me there IS a son".

    English: Do you HAVE the new E.-A. Gutt's book, which updates the
    existing RT account of translation with the notions of ad hoc concepts
    and metarepresentations?

    Russian: At you IS the new E.-A. Gutt's book?

    Best wishes,
    Andre