RT list: Introduction

From: Gabriel J. Levy (gjl@umail.ucsb.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 13 2005 - 14:13:17 GMT

    Hello,
    My name is Gabriel Levy. I am a PhD candidate in Religious Studies at UCSB
    writing my dissertation on Biblical prophecy.

    I am writing an article comparing Relevance theory to Donald Davidson's theory
    of communication, how these two theories apply to written language, and then
    using the comparison to discuss the polemic against divination in the Hebrew
    Bible. Sound complicated? I hope not. Any help from the list members would
    be much appreciated with regard to:

    1) Relevance theory and Davidson
    2) Relevance theory and divination or prophecy
    3) Relevance theory and writing (I am more familiar with this literature)

    Thanks!

    Gabriel

    ---

    Gabriel Levy Department of Religious Studies University of California, Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA 93106 gjl@umail.ucsb.edu http://www.gabriellevy.com