RT list: MA in Pragmatics

From: robyn carston (robyn@linguistics.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 12:54:58 GMT

    Dear all

    There are a still a couple of places available on the new MA in Pragmatics
    which will start here at University College London in late September
    2004. Deirdre Wilson will coordinate the programme in the first term and
    I'll take over in the second term.

    The degree will focus on the relevance-theoretic approach to pragmatics for
    which this department is internationally known, but we'll also consider
    other approaches, including more philosophical perspectives such as those
    of Francois Recanati and Kent Bach, and neo-Gricean accounts such as those
    of Larry Horn and Stephen Levinson. There will also be a component looking
    at the now rapidly developing areas of experimental pragmatics and
    developmental pragmatics. The teaching will be primarily on a small group
    seminar basis with main emphasis on discussion of the most recent
    developments in the field.

    If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible. You can find
    more detailed information at:
    <http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/toc/set_educ.htm>http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/toc/set_educ.htm

    Best wishes,
    Robyn Carston

    Robyn Carston
    Department of Phonetics & Linguistics, UCL
    Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
    Tel: + 44 (0)20 7679 3174
    Fax: + 44 (0)20 7383 4108
    http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/robyn/home.htm