part-time teaching position

From: b.clark@mdx.ac.uk
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 07:04:44 GMT

    Hi,

    I am writing to advertise a part-time position which has just become
    available at very short notice at Middlesex University. The vacancy
    covers semester one of the coming academic year, with teaching
    beginning on the 24th of September.

    We are looking for someone to teach a module called 'Meaning and
    Understanding' which introduces second and third year students of
    Communication and Language Studies to linguistic semantics and
    pragmatics, and to ways of applying them in the analysis of texts.

    The person appointed might also be asked to teach a module
    called 'Communication and the Mind', which introduces second
    year students to the psychological aspects of language and
    communication.

    Applications, consisting of a letter and CV, including the names of
    two referees, should be sent to me (address etc. below) by 31st
    August 2001.

    Thanks and best wishes,

    Billy

    Billy Clark,