help

From: Clarice Lamb (clamb@zaz.com.br)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 11:39:49 GMT

    Dear all

    MY PhD dissertation examines the properties of the inferential process an L2 learner must undertake to grasp the extra literal meaning in a teaching-learning context via the Communicative Approach. The framework of this project lies in the interface between Semantics and Pragmatics, exploring their potential applications for English Language Teaching. I will use the theories of Grice (1975) and Sperber and Wilson (1986/1995), based on the assumption that they are capable to describe and explain the inferential process in order to clear out the pragmatic component regarding what goes beyond what is actually said while learning English as a foreign language.

    I am looking for materials on the Lingusitic theory and the teaching of L2, as well as the relation between theory-teaching.
    IS anyone working on this, or has any material to help me? It is hard to find these in Brazil...
    Many thanks to all of you.
    Clarice Lamb clamb@zaz.com.br