conference on coordination

From: robyn carston (robyn@linguistics.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 09:59:54 GMT

    CALL FOR PAPERS

    THE 4TH NORTH WEST CENTRE FOR LINGUISTICS ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE

    CO-ORDINATION: SYNTAX, SEMANTICS & PRAGMATICS

    The University of Salford, Greater Manchester 16 - 18 November 2001

    Organized by Diane Blakemore, ESRI, University of Salford and Robyn Carston,
    UCL, with financial support from the Linguistics Association of Great Britain

    KEY-NOTE SPEAKERS:

                            Nicholas Asher, University of Austin, Texas
                            Caroline Heycock, University of Edinburgh
                            Rob Stainton, Carleton University, Ontario
                            Mark Steedman, University of Edinburgh

    This conference aims to explore the relationships between syntax, semantics
    and pragmatics through the analysis of co-ordination. We welcome papers on
    either the syntax or semantics or pragmatics of co-ordination; however,
    given our aim, we particularly welcome papers which have implications for
    the interface between
    form and interpretation.

    A selection of the papers presented at the conference will be published as a
    special issue of Lingua, co-edited by Diane Blakemore (Salford) and Robyn
    Carston (University College London).

    Papers will be 30 minutes duration (plus 10 minutes discussion). The
    deadline for abstracts is 1 JUNE 2001.

    Because abstracts of accepted papers will be copied and inserted in the
    collection of abstracts we ask you to observe the following guidelines:

    Maximum length: one A4 page
    Margins: at least 2.5 cm on all sides
    Single spacing
    Type: no smaller than 12 point.
    Title of paper, name of author(s), affiliation and email address at top of
    page.

    Send abstracts as attached file (WP or Word for Windows) to:
    d.blakemore@salford.ac.uk

    or hard copies to:

    Diane Blakemore,
    School of Languages,
    University of Salford,
    Salford, M5 4WT
    Great Britain

    Robyn Carston
    Department of Phonetics & Linguistics, UCL
    Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
    Tel: + 44 020 7679 3174
    Fax: + 44 020 7383 4108
    URL http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/robyn/home.htm