RT list: introduction

From: Mónica Vazquez (vazquez_moni@yahoo.com.ar)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 13:24:06 GMT

      My name is Mónica Vázquez and I lecture on English Phonetics and Phonology at Escuela Superior de Idiomas, Universidad Nacional del Comahue, Patagonia, Argentina. I belong to a research group together with four other lecturers on the same field. Our present research project is about the interface between phonology and pragmatics: La Informatividad y su expresión prosódica en el inglés y el español hablado: estudio contrastivo de las variedades SE inglesa y rioplatense (The prosodic expression of informative structure in English and Spanish). The pragmatics theoretical framework is based mainly on RT and the model chosen for the phonological analysis is that of AM (auto-segmental metrical) theory. By subscribing to this list I hope to receive constant update on RT studies and get in touch with other colleagues working on the abovementioned interface.

    Correo Yahoo!