Re: RT list: Relevance in other languages

From: Yan JIANG (ctyjiang@polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 13:19:00 GMT

    Dear Robin,

    We met before, in HK.

    This is to let you know that I have been translating the book into Chinese
    in the past few years. The first draft was finished in January 2004. Then I
    started revising the version with reference to the French version. I expect
    to finish the revision in this month. Then I will submit it to the
    publisher. It is indeed long overdue (my apologies to the authors and the
    relevance researchers, esp. the Chinese researchers). But I personally wish
    that by doing the translation in a less speedy way, I can turn out one with
    relatively better quality.

    If possible, pls kindly forward this message to the Relevance list. For some
    unknown reasons, my postings to the list never seem to be distributed.

    Negotiations have also been undertaken on producing a Chinese translation of
    Gutt's Translation and Relevance. I have also been invited to do the
    translation.

    You are also welcome to go to my homepage to download papers done within
    relevance theory and others, including a forthcoming paper (in Chinese) on
    the characterization of explicature and explicating with relevance to the
    contextualism and indexicalism debate.

    By the way, any chance for you to provide some more details on your
    symposium in Taiwan?

    best regard,

    Yan JIANG (surname last)
    Department of Chinese & Bilingual Studies
    The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
    http://www.cbs.polyu.edu.hk/ctyjiang