RT list: The Lecture List

From: Billy Clark (b.clark@mdx.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 07:46:40 GMT

    (Apologies if you receive this more than once)

    Hi,

    Hope you all don't mind me doing a little bit of advertising here to
    tell you about a new service for listing public talks, seminars etc.
    called The Lecture List.

    It's a free service made possible by funding support from NESTA
    (National Endowment for Science, Technology and the Arts) and The
    Guardian are partners in the project (a version of The Lecture List
    will appear as part of the Guardian website later this year).

    We're mainly concentrating on building up the number of events on the
    list just now and, of course, we'd love to have a good amount of
    linguistics talks on there.

    We're defining 'lecture' quite broadly as any event where a number of
    people get together and a speaker addresses them. It will be an
    excellent way to publicise your public lectures and departmental
    seminars. 'Members only' events can also be posted and this can be
    indicated on the site together with info on how to become a member.

    We'd be really grateful if you could have a look at the site and post
    details on your events there. The quickest way to get started is to
    register as an organiser using this form:
    http://www.lecturelist.org/register_org

    Do let me know if any of this isn't clear or if you need any help with
    the site. And please mention The Lecture List to other lecture and
    seminar organisers you know. Thanks for your help and best wishes,

    Billy

    Billy Clark
    Middlesex University
    White Hart Lane