Re[2]: RT list: P.S.

From: Andre Sytnyk (danagro@kp.km.ua)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 13:23:04 GMT

    Dear Dr. de Saussure,

    Thank you for your response!

    Of course there are many things, which I do not understand about RT
    (or think I do, but, in fact...)

    That is exactly why I'm so glad to have this opportunity to be on this
    list and receive first-hand comments (or rather lessons on RT, while
    my own University students are enjoying their Christmas break)
    from people possessing expertise in this sphere through this wonder of a
    mailing list set up by Robyn Carston.

    I do think that RT is THE THEORY and I seriously aspire to understand all its intricacies.

    Judging by Dr. Yus's Bibliographical Service, many people have already
    found their answers regarding how to build their applied researchers
    on the solid foundation this theory offers. So I'm currently in the
    process of endeavoring to identify in what way I could build my own
    small application, which would be based on this OPERATING SYSTEM.

    Coming back to the topic:

    What about the PHATIC/INFORMATIVE distinction of communication.
    How would RT treat that in view of IRRELEVANT COMMUNICATIVE MOVES?

    Perhaps, Dr. Zegarac has the answer...

    All the best,
    Andre