pragmatic routines

From: Rosa E. VegaMoreno (r.vega-moreno@ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 10:18:40 GMT

    Dear All,

    I am working on the pragmatics of idioms and proverbs. The comprehension of
    these and other (relatively fixed and widely used) expressions probably
    involves some kind of (generalised) pragmatic routine or procedure that
    minimises processing effort and points the hearer towards the right kind of
    cognitive effects. I am trying to understand how such pragmatic routines
    might work and what procedures they might involve, so any reference or
    thought on the topic would be more than welcome.
    Many thanks in advance,

    Best wishes
    Rosa

    CRUELTY AGAINST CHILDREN MUST STOP. FULL STOP
    At least one child dies every week in the UK as a result
    of cruelty. They need your help. Please click here everyday to
    make a FREE donation that could save their lives. THANK YOU

    http://www.nspcc.org.uk/donate-4-free/donate-mainhome.asp