temporary part-time position

From: b.clark@mdx.ac.uk
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 09:54:10 GMT

    Hi,

    Hope you don't mind me advertising this position here. The position
    is not really relevance-theoretic but some of you might have relevant
    interests or connections.

    Best wishes,

    Billy

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    (Sorry to everyone who receives this more than once).

    Apologies for the very short notice. A temporary part-time vacancy
    has just arisen here at Middlesex to teach two modules in the coming
    semester. With the short timescale, we are asking for email or fax
    applications by next Friday. The teaching will begin on the 10th of
    February.

    I have just posted the ad to LINGUIST. Here is the main part of what
    I posted there:

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Apologies for the very short notice. Please apply by email.

    A vacancy has arisen at short notice to cover the teaching of two
    modules in the coming semester. It is likely that there will be other
    modules which require cover in semester one of the following academic
    year (2003-2004) but we are only able to interview candidates with
    regard to the coming semester at this stage. The two modules are:

    Grammatical Descriptions of English:
    A module within our MA in TEFL and Applied Linguistics which
    considers differences between pedagogical and theoretical
    grammars and approaches to language teaching based on theoretical
    grammars.

    Grammar, Standards and Correctness
    An undergraduate level 3 module which considers different notions of
    grammar, and different attitudes to language, including those based
    around notions of a standard/standardisation.

    Both modules have been taught before and a full set of previous
    teaching materials is available.

    Please reply by email including a curriculum vitae and the names and
    email addresses of two referees, to: b.clark@mdx.ac.uk (44 20 8411
    6652).

    The closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2003.

    The appointment begins on the 10th February 2003.

    Further information is available from: Billy Clark
    (b.clark@mdx.ac.uk)

    Information about Communication and Language Studies at Middlesex can
    be found at: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/subjects/hlcs/cml.htm
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Best wishes,

    Billy

    Billy Clark,
    Middlesex University,