Cogprints! Also Use Semantics Preprint Archive

From: mjmurphy (4mjmu@rogers.com)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 22:36:02 GMT

        Dan Sperber wrote:

        It has a Pragmatics category with 45 archived papers at present, but I am, I believe the only one from this list to have put papers there. Just think of this: If all the researchers on this list would archive a copy of their own papers (past, present and future) at Cogprints (whether or not they are already archived at another institutional or personal site), Francisco Yus' bibliographic service on RT would be complemented with a de facto relevance theory archive. Moreover all our papers would reach a larger readership and be easily accessible to everyone, researchers, students etc. around the world.

        So I beseech you, yes YOU, to START ARCHIVING YOUR PAPERS AT COGPRINTS NOW!

        Go to http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/ , look at the FAQ page http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/faq.html and the help page http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/help/ , register and start uploading! (Once you have learnt the routine, which may take you a good half hour, uploading a paper takes, in my experience, about 10 minutes.) I would like to see dozens of RT papers there in the coming weeks, and soon hundreds. Wouldn't you? Well, it is in YOUR hands
        ----

        Hi,
        I am new to the list, directed here by the good J.L. Speranza.
        I think resources like Cogprints are terrific resources. Another one worth browsing is the Semantics Preprint Archive at:
        semanticsarchive.net

        More Griceans than RT people there at the moment. But piles of interesting stuff and they apparently are looking for papers.

        Cheers,

        M.J.Murphy

        The shapes of things are dumb.
        -L. Wittgenstein