introduction

From: Laine, Päivö (Paivo.Laine@seamk.fi)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 12:21:56 GMT

    I am sending this message to introduce myself to the members of the
    relevance mailing list.
    I am a postgraduate student working on my dissertation dealing with the
    language of hyperlinks and
    other interactive labels in online shopping. My purpose is to examine how
    the coded communication
    of the labels reflects the interactive function and target of the active
    element (link, button or menu).
    The concept of explicature is central to my analysis, and I am interested
    in all developments within
    relevance theory and hypertext study.
    I come from Finland and work as Head of Languages in Seinäjoki Polytechnic,
    Business School
    With best regards

    Päivö Laine (Mr)
    Seinäjoki Polytechnic, Business School