Re: RT and images

From: J L Speranza (jls@netverk.com.ar)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 05:48:01 GMT

    Ian Mackenzie writes.

    "(Pages of Gricean ramblings not required.)"

    This is what happens when one starts to reply by the lattest (by Yus) to
    the earliest post. Thank you Mackenzie. I think I saw your name in Yus's
    bibliography -- somewhere -- under the "Mack-". I don't see why you are
    interested in implicatures if you don't like pages of Griceans. _I would_,
    but then I don't like Bruegel. I prefer Turner's landscapes of the Thames
    at sunsset. Also, it's _screens_ of Gricean ramblings!

    But I guess you intepreted my relevant intention. Only I was too tired to
    ramble too much, Ian. Some other time!

    You should also contact a cognitive psychologist. They have worked on
    images more than either philosophers or linguists -- or Gibbs -- He's
    polite enough to answer...

    Best,

                            J L Speranza, Esq
    Country Town