onlist apology

From: J L Speranza (jls@netverk.com.ar)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 18:46:21 GMT

    My last post today, I guess.
    Online now.
    Please excuse my latter post(s).
    I just found it a bit "hurting" if that's the word that one's level of ...
    whatever be judged by biblio refs. or other... And if I'm being stoopid, I
    guess I'd like to be pointed where, since a stoopid does not usually know
    when he goes stoopid (as per relevant def. of "stoopid").
    E.g. I happen to find my comments on "herr", and "lord" quite relevant (at
    least to me, and was wondering if anglophone speakers had anything to say
    on the matter of the implicatures/explicatures of "lord" -- a very English
    word if ever there was one (originally loaf-guardian, right?).
    I admittedly hurried to provide reply to new testamentalian querier, but
    then I found myself having some free time at my disposal.
    I tend to think that some reply is better than none, but I may be wrong. :)
    Anyway, my apology to all.
    Best,

    JL
    Grice Circle