list automatisation

From: robyn carston (robyn@linguistics.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Feb 18 2000 - 14:32:29 GMT

    Dear list members

    The relevance list has now become automatised so that people are
    able to subscribe and unsubscribe without having to go through me.

    We also now have a relevance archive in which messages will be
    stored (starting with this one, I guess).

    The web files explaining the procedures for subscription and
    unsubscription, and the relevance archive can be accessed by your
    web browser at:

    http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/robyn/relevance/home.htm

    You may find these pages a bit on the primitive side at the moment;
    I intend to make them prettier in due course.

    Please direct potential new members to this web-site from now on
    rather than to me.

    A nice feature is that you will no longer get messages from the post-
    master concerning nondelivery of your messages to a few recalcitrant
    addresses. These will come directly to me and I'll deal with them.

    Another small difference is that you will receive a copy of your own
    messages.

    Please do remember that if you change your email address you should
    unsubscribe it yourself and subscribe your new one.

    Many many thanks to Warwick Smith of the department of Phonetics
    and Linguistics, UCL, who has done a huge amount of work to set this
    system up, and has handled my questions and confusions with great good
    humour.

    Best wishes, Robyn