Other running-related web sites
in the London area
- Barnet & District AC; also coaching news (recommended)
- West 4 Harriers, in Chiswick
- Old Coulsdon Hash House Harriers
- Croydon Reebok Running Sisters
- Dulwich Runners
- Ealing Southall & Middlesex AC
- Epsom and Ewell Harriers
- London Frontrunners - gay and lesbian
- London Hash House Harriers
- Havering '90 Joggers
- Kent Athletic Club, Catford
- London Marathon
The 1999 London Marathon will take place on Sunday 18 April 1999. Applications are now closed. Organized by The London Marathon Ltd., 0171-928 8844. Intending entrants from outside the UK should telephone +44 161 703 8161, or write to Vince Regan, Flora London Marathon 1999, Sports Tours International, 91 Walkden Road, Manchester M28 5DQ, United Kingdom.
- Queen Mary and Westfield Cross Country, University of London
- Ranelagh Harriers, Richmond
- Run and Become running shops
- Runners' Reference
- Sheen Shufflers
- Spelthorne Triathletes, Sunbury
- Sri Chinmoy 'Runners are Smilers'
- Striders of Croydon AC
- 26.2 Road Runners Club, Surbiton
- Sutton Runners
- The Sweatshop, Teddington/Woking/Covent Garden - discount for Windmilers with membership card!
- Tadworth Athletic Club
- Victoria Park Harriers, London E9
- West London Hash House Harriers
- There is an excellent list of London running clubs, with contact details, here.
in the UK
- BAF Track & Field Athletics
- BAF Directory of British Athletic Clubs
- Aldridge Running Club, West Midlands
- Balance Fitness on the Net monthly magazine
- Bath University Athletics Club
- British Milers' Club
- Cambridge University Hare and Hounds
- Cambuslang Harriers, near Glasgow
- Edinburgh Southern Harriers
- Felixstowe Road Runners
- University of Glasgow Hares & Hounds Club
- Hereford Couriers
- Livingston and District AAC
- Lytchett Manor Striders, Dorset
- Mike Gratton Sporting Tours
- Milton Keynes AC
- Norham RC: north Northumberland, Coldstream, Kelso
- Oxford University Athletic Club
- Yaxley Runners and Joggers, near Peterborough
- Reading Half Marathon
- Runners Web UK
- Sandhurst Joggers, Hants
- Sports Coach, a BAF Senior Coach's site
- SportSoft, athletics results service
- Stopsley Striders, Luton
- The Triathletes Homepage
- Yate and Dictrict AC (Glos)
- ...and here's a humorous book about training.
- Cool Running - an American running magazine
- Dead Runners Society ('a discussion group for people who like to talk about running', 'an unending source of help, suggestions, tips on running and motivation')
- Le Guide du Jogging, Francophone Belgium
- Worldwide Hash House Harriers
- International Amateur Athletics Federation
- International Web Running Page 'This page averages 2,000 hits a week and 10,000 hits a month'
- International Frontrunners - gay and lesbian
- Internet Resources for Runners
- Kick, an internet magazine for runners. US-oriented, but some interesting stuff.
- Marathon Sports Calendar, excellent listing of US races
- Virtual Marathon Training
- On the Run - lots of stuff here, USA Pacific NW
- The Orienteering Page
- The Publications Archive contains an impressive hypertext list of running-related publications, many originating in Oregon. Even includes a 288-page ftp-able marathon training text.
- Road Runners Club of America
- Run-Bike Wonderland "features a free on-line biomechanical analysis, training tips from pros, racing information and one of the best marketplaces on the web"
- Runner's World (this is the US edition of the magazine: the UK edition has no web page of its own, but you can e-mail its Editor)
- Running Amuck - very comprehensive list of running links
- The Running Network - 'a clearinghouse for major regional and specialized running magazines in the United States'. Includes clickable map of the USA.
- Running Stats - the 1-2-3 of long-distance races around the world. frequently updated
- SportsMed Web - excellent site, lots of medical advice: stretching and strengthening, running injuries, heart rate monitors, etc etc
- Sportsworld 'World-wide sports information, merchandise, and results (both
professional and amateur)'
- A collaborative Triathletes' webzine
- Ultramarathon World
- Ultra Running Resource Site
- Arizona Road Racers
- Austin Running Capitol 10,000, Texas
- The Australian Running Calendar; also Australian Runner and Athlete magazine
- Running in Austria (a commercial site by Pentek timing. Graphics-intensive.)
- Belgrade Marathon
- Berlin Marathon
- Boston Marathon, Mass., USA - here's another link - and a local club, Somerville Running Club
- Budapest Marathon
- Calvià Marathon (Majorca)
- The Running Room, Canada
- Cape Town Marathon and Half-Marathon
- Marathon Catalunya, Barcelona
- Chicago Marathon
- Colorado Altitude Training
- Comrades Marathon, South Africa
- Dublin Marathon
- Running in Germany -- includes links to Hanover, Berlin and other city marathons
- Irish Mountain Running Association
- Jungfrau Marathon (Nice photos! As they say, "Phantastisch die Kulisse der Bergriesen, grossartig
die wechselnden Szenerien zwischen Start und
- Long Island Running Home Page, NY, USA
- Plainview Old Bethpage Road Runners Club, Long Island
- Los Angeles Marathon
- Marathon des Sables, Morocco - the TOUGHEST FOOT RACE ON EARTH. 150 miles across the Sahara.
- Running in the Netherlands - or Hardloopinformatie, as they put it
- New Orleans area running
- New South Wales Funrun homepage
- New York City Marathon®. Another site, sponsored by New York Road Runners Club
- Omaha Running Club
- On the Run: A web magazine dedicated to bring Running and Race
information to the
Pacific Northwest (of the United States, of course) ...and the World!
- Paris Marathon
- Raceplace Online - US running calendar, mainly CA
- Reykjavík Marathon
- Rome Marathon
- Rotterdam Marathon
- Run the Planet - lively Italian site,'where to run in every city of the world' (in English)
- San Blas Marathon, Puerto Rico
- Rock and Roll Marathon, San Diego
- San Francisco Bay Area Running Pages - and in particular there's the Bay to Breakers run, at the start of which (we quote) 'hordes of people throw discarded clothing, beachballs and personalized tortillos' [sic]. But that's California for you. Windmilers have run it and survived.
- Traverse City Track Club, Michigan
- Tullamore Harriers, Ireland
- Virginia Happy Trails Running Club ('Most, but not all members of the group run ultramarathons.')
- WebRunner (TM): running and racing in the Southeast USA
- Western Districts Joggers and Harriers Club, Sydney, Australia.
- Wilmington Roadrunners, North Carolina
- Commercial products
- Running-related newsgroups
- rec.running - international Road Running newsgroup.
- Scores of new contributions every day, some quite interesting; mostly American.
- Yahoo search engine: /Sports/Running
(or use this form:)
Back to Wimbledon Windmilers home page
Page maintained by J.C.Wells. You can e-mail me.
Last modified 1998 November 09