RT list: Referrals for an American wishing to study at a European University?

From: Salpi Vartivarian <salpoug@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Aug 12 2014 - 16:55:02 BST

Dear Relevance Enthusiasts,

This email is not directly about Relevance Theory, but it is the only venue
that I have to request the information I am seeking. Please take a quick
look at what I have to say and if you can offer knowledge or any leads, by
all means, please email me!

I have a B.A. from U.C. Berkeley in Philosophy and an M.A. in Linguistics
from San Diego State University. The topic of my Master's thesis was
Relevance Theory, but my academic interests range from Linguistics to
Philosophy (particularly Continental Philosophy) and related fields.

I've been doing some very tedious research on how to fund another degree
(M.A. or Ph.D.) from a European University, but I'm not having too much
luck. EU universities tend to give preference for citizens of the EU, in
the form of scholarships/grants or even by charging substantially lower
tuition fees. Here in America, a number of Ph.D. programs are "fully
funded", provided you are accepted, and I was wondering if there was
anything equivalent in Europe, particularly for Overseas/American students?

I assume that many schools and nations are represented in this mailing
list, so I thought I would take a shot and ask if any of you are familiar
or somewhat familiar with any programs that would meet my needs, either at
your home university or elsewhere. The only program I am aware of is the
Fullbright Scholarship, but the competition for that tends to be intense. I
have also happily stumbled upon this:
http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/academicoffice/gsp/scholarship/typesoffunding/chancellorsinternational/
, which is representative of what I am seeking. Are there any more
university-specific programs or scholarships or grants for Americans?

I am an Armenian-American and I'm convinced that it was a giant mistake for
my parents to have me born and raised in America, as my heart belongs in
the "Old World" so to speak. I am hoping my academic credentials will help
me to find my way into the European way of life. Any and all
suggestions/advice are welcome.

Sincerely,
Salpi Vartivarian
https://piercecollege.academia.edu/SalpiVartivarian