RT list: workshop at Middlesex in March

From: Billy Clark <B.Clark@mdx.ac.uk>
Date: Sun Dec 22 2013 - 16:00:57 GMT

Hi everybody,

I hope you'll forgive an email on a Sunday at this time of year. I had hoped to announce this workshop earlier and wanted to let you know as early as possible in the hope of seeing as many of you as possible there

It's a one-day workshop on 'Relevance, Literariness and Style', taking place at Middlesex University in London on Saturday 29th March next year.

Speakers are:

Diane Blakemore (Salford)
Andrew Caink (Westminster)
Robyn Carston (UCL)
Billy Clark (Middlesex)
Nigel Fabb (Strathclyde)
Anne Furlong (University of Prince Edward Island)
Barbara MacMahon (Sheffield Hallam)
Deirdre Wilson (UCL and Oslo)

I am co-organising the workshop with Andrew Caink (Westminster) and with the help of two Middlesex graduate students, Naoko Togame and Elena Aliferi.

The event is supported by Middlesex, Westminster and Cambridge University Press. We hope that attendance will be free and will confirm this when we announce again in the new year.

There is also an announcement on The Lecture List at:

http://lecturelist.org/content/view_lecture/13356

Hope to see some of you at Middlesex next year.

Happy holidays,

Billy

. . . . . .
Dr. Billy Clark
Reader in English Language and Linguistics
Middlesex University
The Burroughs
London
NW4 4BT
b.clark@mdx.ac.uk

+44 20 84 11 65 55

Billy is Director of The Lecture List:
http://www.lecturelist.org

Sign up here to announce your events and help us create an archive of
talks in the UK:
http://www.lecturelist.org/register_org

It's free, easy and a great way to attract an audience

Please note that Middlesex University's preferred way of receiving all correspondence is via email in line with our Environmental Policy. All incoming post to Middlesex University is opened and scanned by our digital document handler, CDS, and then emailed to the recipient.

If you do not want your correspondence to Middlesex University processed in this way please email the recipient directly. Parcels, couriered items and recorded delivery items will not be opened or scanned by CDS. There are items which are "exceptions" which will be opened by CDS but will not be scanned a full list of these can be obtained by contacting the University.