Re: RT list: Non-member submission from ["andrea.rocci@usi.ch" <andrea.rocci@usi.ch>]

From: Yan JIANG <yan.jiang.hk@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 12 2011 - 01:41:56 GMT

Dear All,

To follow up this interesting discussion, I wish to point out that there is
a rhetorical device used mostly in classical Chinese poetry called “*lie jin
*” (stringing nouns) that involves the use of several NPs in one line, for
two or more lines. Each line can be developed, often rather subjectively by
the reader, into one logical form, with most of the colouring lost as a
result of enrichment.

--
JIANG, Yan.
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University