RT list: Re: A horse says neigh

From: <Jlsperanza@aol.com>
Date: Mon Jul 13 2009 - 23:22:03 BST

okay -- my last today

-- seeing that I may have underestimated the 'voting for a senate bill'
analogy.

 Sexual Harassment in the Horse Community
I have been working with the horse community in the area of sexual
harassment. Our feeling is that when a horse says 'Nay,' it's exactly what they
*mean*.
      J. Katz.

but cfr.
_www.archive.org/.../funandpathosone01dubogoog_djvu.txt_
(http://www.archive.org/.../funandpathosone01dubogoog_djvu.txt) -
a horse says " nay " when you offer him hay. ...
   (cfr. let your answer be yeah-yeah or nay-nay)

Cfr. Prince Maurice's Parrot -- described by Locke, Essay Concerning Humane
 Understanding (1690) and discussed by Grice in "Pirotologica"

                "a very intelligent, rational pirot".

----

_www.zulkey.com/petition.pdf_ (http://www.zulkey.com/petition.pdf)  -
Petition for Truth.
"We ridiculously [but funnily. JLS] oversimplify and claim a horse says
"nay," (is he voting on a Senate bill?), the Hungarians claim it says
"nyihaha,"  something much closer to the actual equine language."

loslocoslozanos.blogspot.com/.../really-long-attempt-at-catching-up.html  -

A horse says nay-nay. johnfinger.com/category/curt-schilling/
when a horse says, “Nay,” it means nay.

Oddly, Achilles was so infuriated with his two horses saying this and that
that Pallas dumbed them for eternity, the Greeks thought. Even today,
'alogon'  is used, in the army, to refer to the horses in the cavalry troops. (I
should be  careful re our Pallas here. :)).

JLS
   Refs. Grice on 'say', what is said, 'what is meant',  etc.
       and the  _pirots_.
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585090x1201462820/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jul
yExcfooterNO62)