RT list: Paul Grice

From: Alessandro Capone <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Tue May 12 2009 - 20:53:22 BST

Hello, everybody.

Who of you met Paul Grice, and would you like to share some memories of
this great philosopher?

I have a photograph of him, given by R Warner, but not as an electronic file.

I put that picute on my paper On grice's circle, before it was published
by the J Pragmatics.

It is possible that you will be interested in my paper

On the social practice of indirect reports

for the Journal of Pragmatics.

It has been written in the relevance theory tradition; a mixture of
anthropology and relevance theory. I found a paper by Dan, which helped me
reconcile the two things.

Best

Alessandro