RT list:

From: Alessandro Capone <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 19:56:42 BST

You will find a certain amount of contextualism in

Our knowledge of the internal world

by Robert Stalnaker.

The title is a bit misleading. It deals with knowledge of objects but the
argument is that the knower's perspetive is fundamental to knowledge and
experience of the world, as our representations of certain of our mental
states (the ones we are in when example we perceive a certain colour) have
an indexical nature, we are aware of them only in so far as we can relate
them to the context in which the experience occurs.

alessandro