RT list:

From: Alessandro Capone <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Sun Jan 18 2009 - 20:48:18 GMT

Hello,

I sort of finished my paper on 'de se attitudes and explicatures'.

The paper is cast in RT, albeit also under the influence of Levinson and K
Jaszczolt.

I have a terminological difficulty - when I expalin the process of the
explicature, I am tempted to sue the term 'The speaker conversationally
implicates that p'.

I am not sure that we could replace this with 'The speaker
conversationally explicates that p' - but this seems to be a logical
conclusion.

I did not put my paper on 'de se' on internet - there are copyright problems.

The paper leads me in the direction of jaszczolt's considerations on the
semantics/pragmatics debate.

I want to deepen those considerations in my review of Jaszczolt forthcoming.

Alessandro