RT list: brain imaging of the communicative intention

From: Thom Scott-Phillips <thom.scottphillips@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 09:58:49 BST

Hi all.

I'm a new addition to the RT list. The joining instructions suggested
sending out an introductory email, so this is it.

I'm a PhD. student at the University of Edinburgh, and I study the origins
of language. My interest in RT stems from a conviction that one cannot
understand how language begun without understanding the pragmatics
of individual behaviour.

To that end, I have a question: Does anybody know of any brain imaging
studies done on RT; specifically regarding the link between different orders
of metarepresentational belief and the communicative intention (cf Sperber,
2000)? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Thom

Sperber, D., 2000, Metarepresentations in evolutionary perspective, in D.
Sperber (ed.), *Metarepresentations: A multidisciplinary perspective*,
p.117-137, OUP