Re: RT list: RT and rhetorical tropes

From: Ronnie Sim <ronnie_sim@sil.org>
Date: Sat May 10 2014 - 11:10:48 BST

I've seen David Weber's response, and would just say that translators --
and I mean translating into "exotic languages" around the world, or
advising and assisting such translators -- are dealing with the whole
range of tropes in their literature of interest, in Greek and Hebrew.
[Plus literary devices, which I think the book Weber mentions lumps both
together].

It would indeed be good to know RT was looking at these -- if anyone is,
can you let us know?

Thanks,

Ronnie