Re: RT list: Non-sentential utterances, logical form, explicatures (e.g. in poetry)

From: Nicholas Allott <nicholas.allott@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 13 2011 - 17:25:00 GMT

Jose Luis Guijarro Morales wrote:

> In any case, I think we have gone miles off the topic of this thread

I think that's fair comment: questions about the psychological reality of mental representations are a bit of a stretch, given Ernst-August's original question.

It would be possible to start a new thread on, say, the importance or otherwise of a realist view of mental representation for relevance theory, always (please) bearing in mind our guideline on subject matter: