RT list: Key terms in pragmatics

From: <jlsperanza@aol.com>
Date: Sat Jan 23 2010 - 11:32:34 GMT

Congratulations to N. E[lwyn] Allott for his "Key terms in pragmatics" in
the Continuum series. I may drop a note or two on this in my blog. Like
Borges, I have a thing for encyclopaedias and alphabetical ordering of things.
Indeed, one of my favourite books at the Swimming-Pool Library is "A
dictionary of Borges", and I _think_ I dropped a post on "A dictionary of Grice"
at my blog. A very good thing is that 'term', in the title of the series is
broad enough to encompass little bios and there's one for the
Harborne-born philosopher of whom I love to say (echoing Whitehead on Plato) pragmatics
has been footnotes to! Cheers. J. L. Speranza, for the
griceclub/blogspots.com