RT list: Introduction; RT and time

From: Laura Innocenti <innocenl@tcd.ie>
Date: Wed Jan 14 2009 - 15:33:42 GMT

Dear all,

My name is Laura Innocenti and I am new to this List, though a regular
user of the RT Online Bibliography service. I am currently pursuing a
PhD in Linguistics at Trinity College, Dublin. I obtained a BA in
Translation and Conference Interpretation at the University of Bologna
in 2005 with an experimental thesis on the issues surrounding the
translation of discourse markers in simultaneous interpreting from
English into Italian.

The topic of my current work is the pragmatics of temporal connectives
and adverbials in spoken Italian, with Relevance Theory as theoretical
framework. I am also interested in the semantics and pragmatics of
time, Italian language, and spoken communication in general. As for RT
itself, I found myself working especially on descriptive/interpretive
use. I am aware of work done on this topic by Prof. L. De Saussure and
his colleagues; any reference on similar work done elsewhere would be
highly welcome. Finally, I will be happy to offer help and/or
correspond with anyone researching the same area/s.

Best,

Laura

Laura Innocenti, PhD candidate

School of Linguistic, Speech and Communication Sciences

Arts Building, Trinity College, Dublin 2

Ireland