RT list:

From: Alessandro Capone <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 04:33:55 GMT

Dear Friends,

I have posted my paper 'Rethinking semantics minimalism. Reply to
Wedgwood' in the www.semanticsarchive.net.

Feel free to read.

The paper must be read in the following key: in that paper I try to figure
out how Lepore & Cappelen might respond to Wedgwood's interesting paper.

There is a point about Reelevance theory - is the hearer's intentionality
more important than the speaker's intnentionality?

I suggest that relevance theory is also a theory about the speaker's
intnetionality and that to just say that it is a theory of the hearer's
interpretation may lead to distortions, see J Saul's paper in Linguistics
& Philosophy.

Comments welcome.

alessandro