RT list:

From: <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 10:32:35 GMT

Dear all (especially Ph D students)

I have just finished my paper for RASK entitled 'Barack Obama's South
Carolina speech'.

The paper is an analysis of intertextuality. People writing on echoic
utterances may be interested. The speech, in fact, echoes Martin Luther
king's 'I have a dream ' speech in terms of lexical repetition, structure,
rhetorical devises, geographical lists used as symbols of political unity,
symbols (e.g. the wind), etc.

I would willingly send the paper to some native speaker of English willing
to help me spot stylistic infelicities in my text or to help ameliorate
the text.

Surely I will allow use of my text and transcription for relevance
theoretical purposes.

Dr Alessandro Capone
DPhil Oxon
University of Messina / University of Palermo