RT list:

From: <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Fri Dec 14 2007 - 11:32:02 GMT

Dear all,

Could anyone send me one of the following papers:

Reference and Control." Rivista di Linguistica (1989), 1(2):301-326.

Reference and Control." In James Higginbotham, Richard K. Larson, Sabine
Iatridou and Utpal Lahiri, eds., Control and Grammar. Studies in
Linguistics and Philosophy, 48. Dordrecht & Boston: Kluwer, 1992.

I am embarking on a new research project entitled 'First-personal modes of
presentation and pragmatic intrusion'. This project will have as
ramification a chapter on knowledge-that vs. knowledge-how. I will put to
use papers by Higginbotham on de se interpetrations, and on control (see
Moltman). As a pragmatic theory I will use Sperber & Wilson and also
Carston. Now that I think of it, D Blakemore on procedural meaning could
be of use.