RT list: Call for papers: International Congress for the Study of Child Language-Symposium Theory of Mind and Acquisition of Mood / Modality

From: Aoife Ahern <aoife_k_ahern@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 12:27:40 BST

Dear Colleagues,
  I work in Madrid, Spain at the Complutense University, Faculty of
Education, having completed my doctoral dissertation in which I proposed
a relevance-theoretic analysis of the Spanish subjunctive mood, relating it to interpretive
use and thereby to theory of mind abilities.
  I have carried out some experimental work on the acquisition of mood
in relation to the development of theory of mind, and would like to
propose a Symposium at the International Congress for the Study of Child
Language (Edinburgh, 2008) on the relationship between Theory of Mind development and the acquisition of mood and / or modality. (See http://www.in-conference.org.uk/IASCL/abstracts.html)
  I would be very happy to hear from anyone who has done work related to
this field and would like to participate in a symposium on the topic at the Congress next summer. Please contact me at the e-mail below.
    Best wishes,
  Aoife Ahern
  Departamento de Didáctica de la Lengua y Literatura (español,
francés, inglés)
  Universidad Complutense de Madrid
  Spain
  aahern@edu.ucm.es