RT list: New Member

From: Lee Walters <lee.walters@ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 21:14:40 BST

Hello,

I am a graduate student in the Philosophy Department at UCL with interests
primarily in metaphysics, logic and language but also in mind and
epistemology. I am just finishing my MPhil Philosophy. From October I shall
be a visiting research student in the linguistics department at UCL working
with Richard Breheny and Robyn Carston. I shall start my PhD in Philosophy
in October 2008 on a topic yet to be decided, but quite possibly following
on from my work in linguistics.

I am a linguistics novice, but in the philosophy of logic and language I am
particularly interested in quantification, tense, indicative conditionals,
counterfactuals and modality, and vagueness. The lexical pragmatics project
at UCL also looks very interesting and I would be interested in seeing
whether it has any implications for sorites arguments and theories of
vagueness.

Regards,

Lee Walters