Re: RT list: Cognitive effects and processing effort

From: Marina Terkourafi <mt217@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Sun Oct 15 2006 - 19:44:59 BST

I believe one of the earliest references to the problem of 'quantifying'
effort and effect is:

Gazdar, G. & Good, D. (1982) On a notion of relevance: comments on Sperber
and Wilson's paper. In: Smith, N. (ed.) Mutual knowledge. London: Academic
Press. 88-100.

The following is forwarded on behalf of Kent Bach: