Carleton University Conference in Semantics, in Honour of Ernie Lepore

From: Robert Stainton (stainton@ccs.carleton.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 21:30:07 GMT

    CONFERENCE: RECENT RESEARCH IN SEMANTICS

    IN HONOUR OF ERNIE LEPORE

    October 17 - 19, 2003

    We are pleased to invite you to a Conference on Recent Research in
    Semantics in honour of Ernie Lepore, to be held at Carleton University
    (Ottawa, Canada). The conference in being organized by the Cognitive
    Science Programme and the Philosophy Department at Carleton.

    The conference keynote address will be delivered by Ernie Lepore.
    We are delighted to welcome Donald Davidson as a special guest.

    Plenary: Ernie Lepore (Rutgers), "Context and Compositionality"

    Invited Speakers:

    Michael Glanzberg (MIT) & Susanna Siegel (Harvard),"Presupposition and
    Policing in Complex Demonstratives"

    Robert May (UC-Irvine), "How Many Senses?"

    Mark Richard (Tufts), "Quotation"

    Emma Borg (University of Reading), "The Role of Mental Content in
      Linguistic Meaning"

    Matthew Stone (Rutgers), "Intention Recognition in Accommodating
    Standards for Vague Scalar Adjectives

    Ernie Lepore & Sarah-Jane Leslie (Princeton), "Mood Matters"

    Kent Johnson (UC-Irvine), "Do we actually understand the meanings of our
    sentences?"

    Tim Kenyon (Waterloo), "Horse-shoes, hand-grenades, and
    conversational pragmatics"

    Paul Pietroski (University of Maryland, College Park), "Semantics and
    (Innocent)Second-Order Logical Forms"

    For further information contact Steven Davis at
    davis@connect.carleton.ca or see the conference web page at
    http://www.carleton.ca/iis/Conference/index.html

    --
    Robert J. Stainton
    Canada Research Chair in Cognitive Science