a new member

From: Mai Zaki (maizaki@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 13:20:39 GMT

    Dear All,

    Hello.. my name is Mai Zaki, I am an M.A. researcher and a university staff
    member from Egypt. The linguistic point I am investigating in my thesis is
    the English modal verbs from a relevance-theoretic perspective. I am
    attempting a corpus analysis of the modals in the domain of political
    speeches and press conferences.

    I would appreciate it if anyone working on the same topic could share views,
    especially that modality is a challenging topic and in relevance-theoretic
    terms there are various theoetical models. So far, I have identified 5
    different models: Walton (1988), Klinge (1993), Groefsema (1995), Berbeira
    Gardon (1996) and Papafragou (1998). any other models to add?

    Looking forward to exchanging information about this.

    Thank you.

    Mai

    maizaki@hotmail.com