Introduction

From: Asia (asiaroszko@poczta.onet.pl)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 12:52:30 GMT

    Introduction
    My name is Joanna Roszkowska and I am a doctoral student at the English Department, Warsaw University. I am working within the Relevance Framework. My main fields of interest are: metaphor as organizing, textual device, general theory of metaphor and metonymy, some other textual devices (like exemplification). I have been analysing texts that use (and overuse) metaphor (mainly non-literary texts) and I have been trying to check how it is possible to analyse them in the theory, and how they will influence the relevance account of metaphor. Recently I have been working on texts (coming from the Polish edition of "Cosmopolitan")that use exemplification as their major device. I would appreciate contact with anybody interested in similar phenomena.
    Joanna Roszkowska
    ul. Bagno 7 m. 144
    00-112 Warszawa
    asiaroszko@poczta.onet.pl

    Chcesz oszczędzić na kosztach obsługi bankowej ?
    mBIZNES - konto dla firm
    http://epieniadze.onet.pl/mbiznes