Non-member submission from Manuela Jahn: RT vs semiotics

From: Nicholasallott mac.com (nicholasallott@mac.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 17:30:50 GMT

    From: Manuela Jahn <worldtraveler2000@hotmail.com>
    To: relevance@linguistics.ucl.ac.uk
    Subject: relevance theroy vs semitics
    Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:31:01 +0200

    style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV>
    <P><BR>hello everybody, </P>
    <P><BR>my name is Manuela Jahn and I am a student at the European
    University<BR>Viadrina in Frankfurt/Oder, Germany. I am in my last semester
    and I am<BR>writing my final paper about&nbsp;the Relevance Theory and the
    Code model.<BR>Unfortunately I could not find any literature critizising
    (complaining) the<BR>Relevance Theory seen from the point of view from
    Semiotics. I know that<BR>the Relevanz Theory critizeses the Code model and
    Grice's Maxime but I was<BR>not able to find literature which tells me what
    the semiotic thinks about<BR>the Relevance theory. Maybe you could help me
    and give me some names or<BR>book titles (references).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;I am
    looking forward hearing from you and appreciate your
    help.<BR>&gt;Sincerely<BR>&gt;Manuela
    easiest way to share and print your photos: <a