address forged

From: Dan Sperber (dan@sperber.com)
Date: Thu Jun 06 2002 - 09:59:54 GMT

    Dear Friends of the Relevance list,

    My address was forged to send a message with a virus to the list (not perfectly forged: my messages always come as from "dan sperber", whereas this one came, at least on my computer, as from "dan"). Some info about the message:

    The message sender was
    owner-relevance@linguistics.ucl.ac.uk
    dan@sperber.com

    The message was titled Of last row

    The message recipients were
    yeh@harlequin.co.uk

    I had nothing to with this message, of course, and I am glad that it was identified as having a virus already at UCL, so that nobody should have been infected. Still, how unpleasant both to be so attacked by viruses, and to have one's name and address used for such attacks!

    Stiff upper lip and all that. Cheers,

    Dan

    Dan Sperber
    Institut Jean Nicod