RT Service as a file

From: Francisco Yus (F.YUS@mail.ono.es)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 14:12:38 GMT

    Dear all,

    Thanks to J.L. Esperanza for the bibliographical list in his former e-mail.

    > Not having visited Yu's page, I feel sort of ashamed sending this, but
    > wonder if Yu's document is available inone single document or whether it
    > depends on that hateful (but so handly) _search_ function.

    Well, there is no need to access RT Service (sections: http://www.ua.es/dfing/rt.htm; authors' index:
    http://www.ua.es/dfing/rt2.htm) online all the time. You can save the two lists on disk (e.g. onto the hard disk of your PC) by clicking on the menu "file", then "save as", and providing a name for the file. Those of you who navigate with Explorer have an option between "web page complete" (if you also want the photo of the RT cover and the "University of Alicante" icon in the file) and "html only" (you'll only save the text & links). Once saved on disk, simply doubleclick on the file and you'll see the list even if you are not online at that time. Of course, my suggestion is that you save the files every now and then in order to keep them updated.

    Besides, if there's a word you want to find in the list (e.g. Grice) you can always use the search function (CTRL-F in my Windows version) and go through the document looking for the entries containing it.

    Cheers,

    Dr. Francisco Yus
    University of Alicante
    Department of English Studies