Re: a request

From: Marie O Taillard (motaillard@attglobal.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 14:34:55 GMT

    Dear Gloria and other list members,

    I am working on this issue in the context of interactive marketing. I have
    just come across a couple of very good articles which, although they
    pertain specifically to marketing have plenty of applicability to the more
    general issue of processability and cognitive efforts.

    "Controlling the Information Flow: Effects on Consumers' Decision Making
    and Preferences", Dan Ariely (available on his website at
    http://web.mit.edu/ariely/www/cv.html)

    "Constructing Preferences Online: Can Web Pages Change What You Want?"
    Naomi Mandel and Eric J. Johnson (available on E. Johnson's webpage at
    http://ecom.gsb.columbia.edu/ecom%20research%20papers.htm)

    Also, there is an interesting article which Dan posted several months ago
    on this list. It is in French: "Une approche pragmatique cognitive de
    l'interaction personne/systeme informatise" Madeleine St. Pierre,
    Universite du Quebec a Montreal. The URL is
    http://alsic.univ-fcomte.fr/Num1/stpierre/defaut.htm

    If you would like to put this student in touch with me directly, I would be
    very interested in discussing this further.

    Any other sources from other participants would be much appreciated.

    Best regards,

    Marie