Some things to think about when designing your web experiment.
- What kind of stimuli will you present?
- How will the subject respond?
- What are the different experimental conditions?
- Do you need a balanced design (in which each subject gets all combinations of conditions)?
- How many stimuli will be necessary? How many will each subject get?
- Is a random stimulus order OK, or do you need constraints on the ordering of stimuli (to prevent bias caused by order)?
- Is this a within-subject design or between-groups design?
- Is this a repeated measures design (in which each subject gets each condition more than once)?
- What data will you need to collect for each subject?
- What graphs will you plot to show the results?
- How will you test whether the measured differences in responses due to the conditions were unlikely to have arisen by chance?
Word count: . Last modified: 14:11 31-Oct-2016.