RT list: RT workshop

From: Agnieszka Piskorska <a.piskorska@uw.edu.pl>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2015 - 13:54:39 BST

Dear colleagues,

I'm writing to share the information about a Relevance Theory workshop to be held on Saturday, April 11th, at 11.30, as part of the International Communication Association (ICA) conference. The workshop's invited speaker is Deirdre Wilson, and the theme is "RT and intercultural communication".
The conference venue is Novotel Hotel, 11 Pi³sudskiego Street, Lodz, Poland.
There are plans to have a special issue of the journal "Research in Language" devoted to this subject, the idea being that as a theory of cognitive pragmatics, RT is not subject to limitations faced by theories which derive their theoretical constructs from observations of conversational practice rooted in particular cultures.

It is possible to join the workshop (please email me) and to send in a contribution to the special issue (deadline: May 31st, to my address).

Kind regards,
Agnieszka Piskorska