RT list: Q: Could anybody help with applying RT in explaining art communication?

From: hjyjane126 <hjyjane126@126.com>
Date: Tue Jul 12 2011 - 14:26:26 BST

Hi!
I am now trying to apply RT in another academic field besides interpersonal communication or translation or even pragmatics on the whole. What I'm thinking is that it may as well be used to explain literature and art communication, ie, 'communication' in its broadest sense, including the process from author's creation of his work, to the dissemination (communication in terms of mass media to some degree) of the work, and to reader's reception. RT may prove applicable and competent here in clarifying the process due to the fundamental reason that the process, after all, works on basis of human cognition, about which the two principles of RT have already suggested the simplest but the most rational interpretation in view of expressing and receiving things.

Therefore, I would like to see how RT could help in the field of literature and art communication, and even aesthetics. And here, I am in great need of your help in offering me any ideas for or against my said assumption, or advising me on any works and literature about related topics.

Thank you!