RT list: New member of the list

From: kajab <kaja.borthen@ntnu.no>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2010 - 10:18:51 BST

Dear all,
The purpose of this mail is just to announce that I am now part of the
Relevance Mailing List. Relevance Theory was first introduced to me by my
lecturers Randi Alice Nilsen and Thorstein Fretheim in the mid nineties, and
the framework has played an important role for me since then. (I should have
been a member of the list years ago!) The main part of my research - so far
- has been on various referring expressions and reference assignment. I am
associate professor in linguistics (with specialization in pragmatics) at
NTNU in Trondheim, Norway. We offer 4 different courses in pragmatics each
year (at different levels), and Relevance Theory plays a role in each of
them.

Best regards
Kaja Borthen
Department of Language and Communication Studies