RT list:

From: Alessandro Capone <alessandro.capone@istruzione.it>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 22:16:03 BST

Dear All,

I would like to inform you that Igor Douven and I want to launch the new
journal

Journal of Philosophical Pragmatics.

This will also publish pragmalinguistics papers, but it will mainly be
concerned with the impact of pragmatics on philosophy. The idea for the
journal came to me possibly after reading Igor Douven's interesting paper
on the pragmatics of belief.

We are currently proposing the journal to Springer, who is interested.

We received some 20 letters in support of the journal from eminent
philosophers.

Please send us papers for the second special issue - in the first special
issue we hope to publish papers by Noel Burton-Roberts, Wayne Davis, Keith
Allan, Alec McHoul, Dorota Zielinska, Stavros.

--------

Journal of Philosophical Pragmatics

--------

EDITORS AND BOARD
EDITORS: ALESSANDRO CAPONE AND IGOR DOUVEN
CONSULTING EDITOR FOR PRAGMALINGUISTICS:
JACOB L. MEY

HONORARY MEMBERS:

MICHEL SEYMOUR, UNIVERSITY OF MONTREAL
TULLIO DE MAURO – LA SAPIENZA, ROME.

EDITORIAL BOARD:

JAMES HIGGINBOTHAM – USC LOS ANGELES
TIMOTHY WILLIAMSON, UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD;
WAYNE DAVIS – GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY
ERNEST LEPORE – RUTGERS UNIVERSITY
MICHAEL DEVITT - NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
NOEL BURTON-ROBERTS, UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE, UK
ROLAND POSNER – BERLIN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
KASIA JASZCZOLT - UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE
FRANCO LO PIPARO – UNIVERSITY OF PALERMO
YAN HUANG – UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
KEITH ALLAN – MONASH UNIVERSITY, AUSTRALIA
ISTVAN KECSKES - UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY, NEW YORK
EROS CORAZZA – CARLETON UNIVERSITY, CANADA
NEIL FEIT, SUNY FREDONIA, USA
MANDY SIMONS – CARNEGIE MELLON
KEPA KORTA - ILCLI, SPAIN