RT list: experiments and the conceptual/procedural distinction

From: Mai Zaki <maizaki@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 18 2010 - 15:34:46 GMT

Dear all,

I was wondering if you could tell me about any experimental work that has
been done to test native speakers whether they recognise the difference
between conceptual words and procedural words in their own language. I am
aware that there has been experimental work that has looked into the
difficulty of learning procedural words in L2 learners, but I am interested
in testing native speakers of a language.

Thanks.

Mai Zaki
Middlesex University