Re: RT list: To the relevance list administrator

From: Nicholas Allott <nicholas.allott@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jan 16 2010 - 13:16:33 GMT

I've looked into this a bit. Other mailing lists that have daily
digests consolidate all the emails from everyone during a certain
period -- typically a day -- and send them together as one email at
the end of that period. One can subscribe to the ordinary feed, in
which case one gets emails as they come, or to the daily feed. We
don't do this at present, but if list members would like it I can ask
the technical staff at UCL if this is possible with the software they
use.

I haven't found any mailing list which consolidates emails per
contributor per day. I imagine the reason is that it would become very
hard to follow replies in discussions between contributors.

Best,
Nick

Nicholas Allott
Postdoctoral research fellow (and RT list admin)
CSMN
University of Oslo

n.e.allott@csmn.uio.no
nicholas.allott@gmail.com